Pirates Softball Nation (including Players, Parents/Guardians, FT & PT Coaches):
It’s time for further updates (see update #1 below) on the plans for our 2020-21 Softball Season.
The MSHSL has published Softball “Fall Training” specific guidelines (attached) and we now know that PCSH/BMS/NVMS will start school via distance learning (Sept 14 – 25) and move to the hybrid model beginning Sept 28 (students will attend in person classes on Mon/Wed or Tues/Thur).
1) We will schedule up to the maximum of 12 Softball training dates between October 5th – 24th for interested 7th – 12th grade players.
2) To match the 2 days/week school attendance, we’ll schedule training after school (2:30 – 4:30 pm) on Monday and Tuesday each week (Wed is the make-up date for Monday and Thurs is the make-up date for Tues training dates canceled due to weather)
3) We’ll also schedule Training 3 Saturday mornings (9:00 – 11:00 am) and three other weekdays after school to get to the 12 maximum dates depending on weather and attendance.
4) Players can attend as few as one or up to all 12 Training sessions.
5) On-line Registration via District 279 will be required prior to attending the Training sessions; Registration details will be sent out as they are finalized.
6) There is NO FEE for any of the Training sessions and Training is optional.
7) Fall and Winter Domeball Update: PC will place one team (Varsity/JV level players) in each of our PC DOME Fall (Nov-Dec) and Winter (Jan- Feb) Domeball Leagues. These leagues will play one 75 minute game on Saturday nights between 6:00 and 10:00 pm. The PC Booster Club will subsidize our teams so they are very low cost to the invited players. Watch for more information on this great opportunity in the coming weeks!!
If you have ANY questions, please let me know and I’ll answer them as best I can.
GET IT DONE IN 2021!!